Gli Stati Uniti “arsenale della democrazia”: il Lend-Lease Act dalla Seconda guerra mondiale alla guerra in Ucraina
Parole chiave:Lend-Lease Act, U.S. support to Ukraine, U.S. and WWII, U.S. and war in Ukraine
According to the U.S. Department of Defense, up until December 2022 the Biden Administration has invested approximately $20 billion in security assistance to Ukraine. Part of this total amount has been allocated under the provisions of Public Law 117-118, known as “Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022”. Passed by the Congress earlier this year, such law clearly evokes the nearly homonymous act of 1941. The essay intends to bring some historical perspective into the analysis of the current U.S. effort to support Ukraine.
• Burns J.M., Roosevelt, dall’Oglio Editore, 1972
• Dallek R., Franklin D. Roosevelt and American Foreign Policy, 1932-1945, Oxford University Press, 1995
• Foreign Relations of the United States Diplomatic Papers, 1940. The British Commonwealth, the Soviet Union, the Near East and Africa, Volume III, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1940
• Kimball W.F. (Ed.), Churchill and Roosevelt. The Complete Correspondence, October 1933-November 1942, Princeton University Press, 1984
• The American Presidency Project, Document Categories, https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents
Copyright (c) 2022 Daniela Vignati, Mariele Merlati
Questo lavoro è fornito con la licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Non opere derivate 4.0 Internazionale.